Enjoy Gateway Hotel and Conference Center’s Award Winning Service
Gateway Hotel and Conference Center is a full service hotel located within walking distance of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa and is just 30 minutes north of Des Moines, Iowa. Guests will find all they need for a wonderful and relaxing business or leisure stay.
Each of our 187 non-smoking guest rooms and suites have been comfortably appointed with guests’ needs in mind. Relax with a swim in our heated indoor pool, or enjoy a workout in our fitness center. Other amenities include a whirlpool and sauna, free parking, free wireless internet, and room service. Dine in The IowaStater, a casual comfort food restaurant located within the hotel.
With 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Gateway Hotel and Conference Center can accommodate groups from 10 to 850 for meetings, conferences, weddings or social events. Experience our award-winning service and attention to detail with your next meeting or event in Ames, Iowa.
- Bed and Breakfast Package Relax and rejuvenate in one of our inviting guest rooms and enjoy our delicious Breakfast Buffet the next morning.
- Families, Flowers, Butterflies & Fun at Reiman Gardens Explore beautiful Reiman Gardens, one of the finest university gardens in the nation. Enjoy family time with Gateway's heated indoor pool, sauna, bikes, and board games.
- ISU Gallery Hallway & Lobby Mural
Newly installed murals and artwork throughout the hotel common areas celebrate the ISU experience and the lifelong connections at Iowa State.
- Enjoy Gateway Hotel’s 1.5 Mile Paved Walking Trail
Stroll through 30 acres of scenic beauty connecting our hotel to the ISU Foundation and Green Hills Community. Enjoy the weather by relaxing at one of the picnic tables located along the route.
- Monday Means Prime Rib at the IowaStater
Stop by the IowaStater every Monday after 4pm for our Prime Rib Special! Enjoy an 8 oz. prime rib, baked potato, seasonal vegetables and a side salad or cup of soup for just $14.99.